Saturday, December 18, 2010

In Despair...

In Despair



I watch the world in despair,
Nothing good being done,
Chaos stopped by no one,
To bring the light out of darkness,

I watch the world in despair,
Rivers of blood flow,
Nowhere peaceful to go,
To break free of this hopelessness,

I watch the world in despair,
Explosions occur left and right,
Innocents struggle, a losing fight,
To change this state of distress,

I watch the world in despair,
As people kill their own,
They prefer staying alone,
Submerged in selfish happiness,

I watch the world in despair,
The sinless are imprisoned,
People of color shunned,
To live a life of sadness,

I watch the world in despair,
Waiting for change in state,
Let it be, before its too late,
To pull us out of this abyss,

I watch the world in despair... ,


Small Explanation - "In Despair" describes the emotion of a person torn apart by worrying for the world. In this world there are many nations, and each have their own problems, some places people of color are shunned(out-casted), while in other places mass murders occur, and if problems of large scale were not enough, the person also worries about the general vices a person faces like betrayal, injustice, murder(for wealth), etc.

It is a fact that the world as a whole is definitely going downhill. He feels there is no place where peace exists ("nowhere peaceful to go"). All the person can do is helplessly watch the world in despair.


Recommended Poems for You

8 comments:

  1. gud job mate, a true picture of of the world today, day and night dismay, rocky mountains blown away, alcohol to numb the pain, media plays the game, mind body soul one step away, all of this and more i must say, but my time has come now and i go away, far away, never to stay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man..... and nice rhymes there(just like a rap).... and yeah that really is how the world is like these days....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving poem Arslan. If only we can all join together and undo what we've done. We wouldn't have to watch the world in despair any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way YGND... and thank you for taking the time out to read my poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've written a couple of poems on this topic. It's nice to know I have company touching upon it :)
    Great one Arslan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you hairy man for your appreciation...and this was the third poem of my life...

    This here is actually a rewrite of that...

    ReplyDelete

I would like to Know What You Think, Thank You